Plum City Evangelical Free Church Since 1943
The Plum City Evangelical Free Church is affiliated with the Evangelical Free Churches of America (EFCA) and has continued to serve the Lord and the community for over 70 years. In addition to conducting regular Sunday services, the church has always held Bible study and prayer as a high priority. Consequently, various Bible study groups and prayer services have been a regular part of the church calendar.
The church has also emphasized ministry to children and youth. Throughout the years Sunday School, Youth Group, mid-week children’s ministries and Vacation Bible School have been offered. In 1976, this concern for children and youth led to the formation of the Christian Learning Center; a Christian school for pre-school through 12th grade. The school operated from 1976 – 1997 with as many as 45 students one year.
With the addition of the Christian Learning Center, more space became necessary. An addition to the north side of the building was completed in 1979.
Throughout the years the church has been served by a number of pastors:
Charles McGee, Harold Lundeen, Arnold Folden, Bruce Stokka (was serving the church at the time of the centennial, pictured in centennial book), Robert Allen, Duane Lundberg, Howard Kramer, Gordon Sension, Gary Purvis, Bruce Jahnke, Gene Crouch, Tim Fredrickson and the current pastor (since 2003) Philip Bloomdahl.
The church has always been involved in foreign missions; supporting missionaries with our prayers, encouragement and finances. The ladies White Cross group has helped missionaries in many tangible ways.
The church is committed to continue being a lighthouse for Jesus Christ in this community. We welcome all to join our church family as we worship together, grow spiritually, serve the Lord, encourage and build up one another.